The Thai healing tradition has ancient roots in Yoga, Ayurveda, and Buddhism. Its diverse repertoire
combines therapeutic stretching, joint mobilization, deep tissue massage, rhythmic rocking, acupressure,
energy balancing, Hatha yoga postures, and meditation. The Thai yoga method combines ancient techniques
from the East with modern biomechanics-emphasizing optimal wellness and harmony for both giver and
Regardless of a person's flexibility, age, or yoga background, this transformational hands-on system can
easily be modified to benefit the needs of each individual. Receiving Thai Yoga bodywork is an experience of
a complete yoga session without any effort, allowing a profound sense of letting go and opening of body, mind
Benefits to the Five Physiological Systems
- Circulation system: Improves blood circulation, lowers heart rate, increases the temperature in the area
being massaged, increases lymphatic circulation, reduces edema (swelling).
- Musculoskeletal system: Improves muscle strength and effectiveness, relieves muscle tension, removes
toxins from muscle mass, relaxes the tendons and enhances elasticity, increases joint mobility and flexibility,
and reduces stiffness.
- Nervous system: Stimulates and improves activity of the nerves and sensations with the effects of reducing
pain, enhancing sensation to the skin, and improving the function of the internal organs such as stomach,
- Respiratory system: Improves depth of breathing and relaxation.
- Digestive system: Increases elasticity of digestive tract and stomach movement, prevents and relieves
Benefits to the Mind
Thai Massage induces a sense of total relaxation in the recipient, thus reducing the stress of daily chores or a
hectic environment. In some recipients, this highly positive stress-relief effect may go beyond the present and
penetrate into deep, past emotional scars and help release them.
Benefits to the Spirit
As to the spiritual benefits, Thai Massage is based on the elements of life and Sen Sib ( life energy). It has
a tremendous positive impact on the spirit, particularly when the masseur also concentrates on the energy
flow while performing the massage.